Here are the guidelines for submitting a one-on-one debate. This is
a new addition, so all the loose ends are still getting fixed up, and the
guidelines are subject to change. Please read through them carefully
before submitting as we don't want to shift through a pile of submissions
that we can't use. Below is an example debate between J. Matthew
Sloderbeck and Josh Martz on the topic of PC vs. Console RPGs - it would be
a good idea to read through this to get a better idea of what we're after
(trust me, it'll be worth your time).
Here are the guidelines:
- No more than 3 topics, each no longer than 500 words.
- The debate should be a debate, not just a discussion. There
should be at least two sides to a particular issue, and the issue needs to
be intelligent, not something like "Final Fantasy VII is the best freakin'
game ever!" or "So-and-so is better at games than so-and-so". Please,
we want to read intelligent conversations, not random blather.
debate must be well-written - no "LOLZ" or "OMG NOOB" allowed - please
use capitalization and punctuation (it's mostly for our benefit...the
less we have to edit, the sooner it goes up! ^^).
- Proofread, proofread, proofread!
- Keep it clean. Swearing will be removed if we see it, and in some cases, we will just drop the debate entirely.
- When you submit it, please include both parties' full names, email addresses, and handles.
- Please submit all files in .txt format.
- And lastly, have fun when having these debates! If you didn't
enjoy debating them, then how is anyone supposed to enjoy reading them?
Once you've proofread your debate again and are reading to submit, just
send it to me.