[12/23/2003] That's right. I despise the Christmas season with a passion. It must be the consequence of working in retail, where I sell cell phones. Thanks to the joyous spirit of the holiday season, it seems like a whole spat of customers decided that throwing a temper tantrum is the best way to get a rebate on a new handset (which can be done under certain conditions).
Let this be known. I don't care how long you've been with this particular service, but if the conditions of your account aren't those that meet the conditions of that rebate...sorry. It's not acceptable to do the following things either:
- Complain about how corrupt the cell phone industry is.
- Whine about how you've been such a loyal customer.
- Start berating and/or threatening myself or other co-workers.
- Start yelling racist slurs to representatives over the phone.
- Start saying how living in an "affluent suburb" is supposed to give you better coverage.
- Complain about how you have to get back to your business. This is the holidays, be prepared for a wait.
Alright, I'm done. Happy holidays everyone, but...in my humble opinion: Bah, humbug!