For Japanese Baldur's Gate II fans, Bioware has released the Japanese BGII Patch 23037. This patch fixes a variety of bugs, as well as adds a hotkey.
The following bugs fixed are:
- Better contrast between enabled and disabled buttons on higher brightness settings
- Line wrapping on the biography and other screens now wraps correctly
- The F3 key now toggles between the hiragana and katakana alphabets
- When sending chat messages, users are no longer required to hit the F4 key to exit chat mode
- Font sizes on Store screens are now smaller in order to accomodate all of the text
- The Backspace key now correctly deletes characters in multiplayer chat modes
- The text drop-shadow is now only displayed on floating and worldmap text, but is removed from text displayed on parchment
- Floating text now displays correctly in 3D and 2D
The patch can alternatively be downloaded from Fileplanet or the mirror site posted on Bioware's Baldur's Gate II patch web page.