Via a press release on their official web site, Mythic Entertainment announced a new expansion pack for its award-winning MMORPG Dark Age of Camelot. The new expansion, entitled Dark Age of Camelot: Catacombs, will provide brand-new content and challenges to the game, as well as new player classes and upgraded player art.
As the name implies, Catacombs' most prominent addition is the introduction of new adventures based on underground environments. Along with the added subterranean areas, a feature will be implemented which gives players the ability to generate their very own area to run, effectively eliminating the need to search for monsters to battle. "Catacombs deepens the world of Dark Age of Camelot by adding new content beneath Albion, Hibernia, and Midgard," said Matt Firor, Vice President of Development and Executive Producer at Mythic Entertainment."Instanced dungeons support a more casual gaming style by giving players exclusive play sessions for groups of all levels and abilities."
New features for Catacombs include:
· An upgraded graphics engine, which will provide more detailed character models and character animations.
· Players will be able to generate their very own "private" dungeons to adventure in
· The addition of a new underground city for each Realm based on the backstory of the Realm's underground player races. Each city will lead to new areas, enemies, and spoils.
· One new playable class for each Realm.
· Content will be provided for all character levels.
Mythic plans to put Dark Age of Camelot: Catacombs on the market just in time for Christmas. Look for it on store shelves in December 2004.