Sound Cave Music Competition
High Level Description & Submission Information
This competition is for the best multi-part compilation medley, spanning the entire range of RPGamer’s coverage.
The compo is open to all covered games, past and present, with no specifications on style.
To recap, the winner of Audible Vortex will receive a $75 gift certificate to Electronic Boutique and the following three video game soundtracks:
Final Fantasy IV, Chrono Trigger, and Resident Evil: Code Veronica X. The first runner up will receive one copy of each of the three soundtracks.
- Remix Composition (40%)
- How well does the mix represent the selected songs? Your selected tunes should be presented enough to make a strong impression in the mix.
- Does the composition stand alone as a song? The finished product should have a solid structure all to its self.
- Does the song have a fluid sense of motion? The composition should not be choppy. It should glide from riff to riff and song to song smoothly.
- Remix should not be a stumbling repeat of the original song, be sure to control the flow of the remix so it does not get boring or repetitive.
- Creative Outlook (40%)
- How well are the individual songs remixed?
- What innovation has the composer utilized to make the composition stand out? Try to take a radical approach to an old song and give it new life.
- Your remix should have a definitive feel to it, signature of yourself. Try to put an artistic flair to the song that gives it a unique sound. Your personal contribution to the tune’s overall sound will give it a mark that will distinguish your work from everyone else’s.
- Professional Stance (20%)
- The quality of the mix should be crisp and complete.
- Sampling should be clean and of high quality.
- The composition should be of a strong caliber. Take pride in your song and make sure every inch of it is clean, the levels optimal, and the mix complete. There should be a definitive beginning and end.
Scores for each of these sections from each judge will be on each songs Chronology/Comments page.
My apologies to Lionel Pinoteau. Sebastien Peyrichout's name appeared instead of his due
to a clerical error on my part when I created my master entries list.
Phew, I'm kinda glad that this is finally over.
ICQ - 775498
Music Submissions - email@example.com