|THE CRAVE GAMING CHANNEL|
· TGS 2014
· Indie Submissions
· Release Dates
· Message Forums
· Staff Bios
· Jobs Listing
· Fan Art
· Indie Corner
· Sound Test
· Saving Throw
· RPG Backtrack
· Active Topical Banter
· Dialog Trees
· RPG Elements
The OmniArt 2005 champion will be crowned on December 31st, 2005 and will win a cash prize of $600!
Contest Schedule is subject to change. All submission deadlines are at 11:59pm Pacific Standard Time (adjusted for Daylight Savings) on the date listed.
ALL TIMES ARE GIVEN IN PACIFIC STANDARD TIME (ADJUSTED FOR DAYLIGHT SAVINGS AS APPROPRIATE).
1. Contest begins Saturday, November 27, 2004 and is scheduled to conclude on Saturday, December 31, 2005. Chances of winning depend on the number of contest entries. Void where prohibited.
2. Winners of qualifying and final rounds will be notified via e-mail following the conclusion of each round by the dates specified in the contest schedule. Winners will also be posted in RPGamer's Fan Art section. Except where prohibited, by entering this contest, entrants consent to the use of his/her name for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of prizes. All prizes will be awarded. No cash or other substitution for prizes except at the option of RPGamer, for a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes won by minors will be awarded to a parent or legal guardian. Prizes for each round will be announced at the start of each round.
3. RPGamer's decisions in all respects relative to the contest are final. By entering, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The contest is offered by RPGamer. RPGamer is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, late, or misdirected e-mail. By participating and/or winning a prize, the winner releases RPGamer and its employees and sponsors from any and all liability with respect to any prize. RPGamer reserves the right to cancel or modify the contest in cases of fraud or prize supply limits, as determined by RPGamer in its sole discretion. RPGamer reserves the right to disqualify any entrant, as determined by RPGamer in its sole discretion.
4. The format of the contest will consist of six (6) preliminary qualifying rounds, followed by four (4) final rounds.
4a. During the qualifying rounds, a new fan art challenge will be posted according to the contest schedule, and entrants have until the deadline for that round to submit their entries via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "[CONTEST] Artist Name - Title of Work" in the subject line of their e-mails. Entries submitted in any other manner will not be accepted. Following the entry deadline for each round, a panel of judges selected by RPGamer will decide on a first, second, and third place winner, as well as a number of honorable mentions. The first place winner will be awarded the prize for that round. The first, second, and third place winners will automatically qualify for the contest finals.
4b. Once the qualifying rounds have concluded, judges will select up to three entrants to receive wildcard positions in the contest finals. The wildcard entrants and the automatic qualifiers will make up the contestant pool for the final round.
4c. During the final rounds, a new fan art challenge will be posted according to the contest schedule, and entrants have until the deadline for that round to submit their entries via e-mail to email@example.com with "[CONTEST] Artist Name - Title of Work" in the subject line of their e-mails. Entries submitted in any other manner will not be accepted. Following the entry deadline for each round, all entrant submissions will be posted in the RPGamer Fan Art section. The readers of RPGamer will vote for their favorite work. Votes will be limited to one vote per day per IP address. Any reader of RPGamer.com, including contest entrants and RPGamer staff, is eligible to vote. The top vote receivers for each round will advance to the next in the manner described in the contest schedule. During the first three final rounds, vote tallies and rankings will not be made public. At the conclusion of the fourth final round (also called the championship round), reader voting will determine the first, second, and third place winners, and prizes will be awarded to these contestants accordingly.
4d. Limit one entry per artist, per round. Except as noted, all RPGamer Fan Art submission guidelines also apply to contest entries. Guidelines, notes, and clarifications posted for each contest round are considered part of these Official Rules.
4e. An entrant may enter any, some, or all of the qualifying rounds, even if he or she places or wins in one of those rounds. An artist may only win the first prize in one qualifying round. However, an artist who places second or third in one round may still win the first prize in a later qualifying round. In such an event, a fourth place artist may be chosen, at the option of RPGamer, to advance to the finals.
4f. RPGamer reserves the right to publish all submitted works on RPGamer.com. Artists reserve all other rights.
5. Information submitted for this contest, such as your Name, Email, or Address will be used exclusively for the purpose of this contest. RPGamer does not sell, loan, or share this information with third parties, nor use it for their own promotion. Your privacy is important to us.
6. The contest is open to all American and Canadian readers of RPGamer.com, except employees of RPGamer and its sponsors, including their partners and their immediate familes.
6a. Readers of RPGamer.com outside of the United States and Canada, as well as RPGamer and sponsor employees, partners, and familes, may also enter the contest, but they will not be awarded any prizes. Should such an entrant be awarded first place in a qualifying round, the entrant will receive only the first place title and the prize for that round will be added to the final grand prize package. In the event that such a person also places in the top three of the championship round, the entrant will receive only the first, second, or third place title, and their prize will be awarded to the winner in the next place that meets contest qualifications for receiving prizes.
7a. Additional Rules Regarding OmniArt 2005 Finals. Judging of the OmniArt 2005 Finals will be handled by the RPGamer viewing audience who will vote for their favorite entries each round. At the end of each round, a voting period will begin and readers will be asked to pick their first, second, and third favorite from each of the pieces. Votes for third place earn the entry one (1) point; votes for second earn two (2) points; votes for first earn (3) points. Only voters who pick a first, second, and third place entry will have their votes counted; those who don't will be presented with an error message and asked to vote again. Votes will be monitored by the RPGamer Staff for attempts to unfairly influence them through several means including IP address validation. Each IP address will be allowed to cast one ballot every 24 hours during the voting period.
7b. OmniArt finalists can feel free to ask their website visitors to vote for their entries. A special voting page on RPGamer.com will show thumbnail-sized images of each entry along with its title and artist. Artists may link to RPGamer and to the voting page itself, but artists may not attempt to trick visitors into following a hacked link programmed to automatically vote for a particular artist; while steps have been taken to prevent this, anyone caught doing so will result in disqualification from the rest of the contest. Artists may not influence second or third place votes; they may encourage their website visitors to vote for them in first place, but they may not encourage picks for second or third place votes.
7c. At the end of each round, the results will be posted to RPGamer.com on or about the day after the last day of voting. Exact scores will not be posted but will instead distinguish between the highest vote-getters who will advance to the next round and those who have been eliminated from the finals. After the first round, 9 of the 21 contestants will be eliminated leaving 12. After the second round, those 6 more will be eliminated leaving 6 contestants. After the third round, only the top three will remain. The final round will determine the OmniArt 2005 Grand Champion and the winner of the Grand Prize.
8. These Official Rules are subject to change and clarification at any time. Changes to and clarifications of the Rules will be posted on the contest webpage.
Who owns the rights to my art if I enter it in OmniArt 2005?
If you would like to serve as a Guest Judge in one of the upcoming preliminary rounds of OmniArt 2005, please fill out this application and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with "[CONTEST] Guest Judge" in the subject line:
|© 1998-2013 RPGamer All Rights Reserved|