Welcome to RPGamer's second contest of the year! For this event your powers of deduction will be tested to their brink. Before you can take on our challenge you'll need to read the story behind the contest.
Now that you've heard the sad tale of the beautiful Aeris, here is your objective, should you choose to accept it: each day over the duration of this contest RPGamer will post one clue which will be accessible from this page. These clues will be in the form of the questions that Aeris asked the three bachelors as a group, as well as the answers that each of them provided. It's up to you to decipher the clues and determine what games each of them are a reference to. Once you know what the games are, your next objective will be to go to RPGamer's game directory and find the link to our coverage of those games. A specific piece of information regarding one or more of the bachelors lies in wait on each of the seven game pages chosen for this contest, but the hints will not appear until after the clue of the day is provided, so don't bother hunting for them yet.
At the end of the contest all you need to do is send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with RPGamer In Love in the subject line that provides us with your name, age, and mailing address, as well as your guesses as to the identity of each of the three bachelors. If your guesses are correct, your name will be entered into a pool from which three winners will be selected. Each of the winners of RPGamer In Love will receive a copy of Grandia III.
Official Contest Rules:
- All entries must be submitted to email@example.com by 11:59 PM PDT on February 20th, 2006. Limit of one entry per person; repeat entries will be disqualified.
- Contest begins Sunday, February 12th, 2006 and continues until February 20th, 2006 at 11:59 PM PDT. The winners will be revealed on http://www.rpgamer.com no later than 8:00 PM PDT on February 22nd, 2006. Chances of winning depend upon the number of contest entries.
- The winners will be notified via email prior to the public announcement. The winners will not be required to reply to the email message, but should the email be returned, the prize will be reawarded. Except where prohibited, by accepting said prizes, the winners consent to the use of their names for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation. Allow 1-2 weeks for delivery of the prizes. All prizes will be awarded. No cash or other substitution for prizes except, at the option of RPGamer or Square Enix, for a prize of equal or greater value. If the prizes are won by minors, they will be awarded to their parents or legal guardians.
- RPGamer's decisions in all respects relative to the Contest are final. By entering, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Contest is offered by RPGamer. RPGamer is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, late, or misdirected email. By participating and/or winning a prize, the winner releases RPGamer and its employees and sponsors from any and all liability with respect to any prize. RPGamer reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest in cases of fraud or prize supply limits, as determined by RPGamer in its sole discretion. RPGamer reserves the right to disqualify any winner, as determined by RPGamer in its sole discretion.
- Information submitted for this Contest, such as your Name, Email Address, or Physical Address will be used exclusively for the purpose of this Contest. RPGamer does not sell, loan, or share this information with third parties or use it for its own promotion. Your privacy is important to us.
- The Contest is open to all American and Canadian readers of RPGamer except employees of RPGamer, Square Enix, their partners, and the immediate families of the aforementioned.
RPGamer would like to thank Square Enix for the prizes for this contest.