Josh - 6:12 EST
Well, I don't have enough mail to post a full column today AND give Bainick some questions, so...I'll just post my contest stuff for today.
I simulated all of the runes with some other staff members in a mock game, and it turned out really well. Let me just say that even the most seemingly-harmless of runes can have quite an effect on the game! Also, you will be able to see everyone's TP level, but not what rune they have. However, you can discern that from the spells they cast!
Item list has been posted as well!
Previous THONG Rounds!
I learned a few things from the last round of THONG. The letters thing didn't work for all of the casual players, so I took a hint from Matt's brain and reverted to trivia! Seems to be a bit better! I hope this encourages many of you to play!
Selections for characters can be found at the following sites:
Suikoden 2 Characters
Round 1 players have first dibs on characters until Aug. 25th. After that, anyone can take their pick!
- Every player must select a character and a rune. The runes are designed to be balanced, so no one rune is better than all the others. Runes are unlimited in supply, and the option to change your rune exists somewhere on the new THONG board!
- You may change your rune as many times as you wish BEFORE the game begins.
- New runes and items may be added over the course of the game.
- Everyone begins the game on START.
- Every day, I will provide one trivia question. Answer it right, and you get to roll 1d3, which determines how many spaces you move.
- As you progress down the board, you will pass some TP+1, TP+2, and TP+3 tiles. You will gain THONG points (TP) whenever you pass over these tiles. These points can be used to cast THONG spells, described later.
- Spells may be cast at any time, provided you possess the necessary amount of TP.
- TP for each player is capped at 29. To gain more TP, you must cast a spell.
- Answering a question correctly will also net you 100 potch for purchasing items. For simply trying the question, you get 25 potch.
- When you get near a prize that you want, you must email me to let me know that you want the prize. You may wait until after you have passed the prize if you wish.
- I will provide a trivia question of variable difficulty whenever someone is going for a prize. The question must be answered correctly to claim the prize.
- Once a prize is claimed, that character is sent back to START.
- And remember, have fun! You may pound on each other as much as you like, and there is some strategy involved...so do your best!
Here is the list of spells and their descriptions:
|4 TP||Gale||Push target back 1 space.||One
|7 TP||Rushing Blast||Feeling unlucky? Roll the max amount!||Self
|15 TP||Blind Rage||Roll twice and knock everyone you pass back 1 space.||Self
|4 TP||Drain||Steal 1 TP from target.||One
|7 TP||Mega Drain||Steal 3 TP from target.||One
|15 TP||Power Leak||Remove a total of 10 TP from target(s).||One to Five
|4 TP||Lure||Pull target 1 space towards you.||One
|7 TP||Freeze Trap||Stop all players who land on target tile for one day.||Tile
|15 TP||Flame Trap||All players who land on target tile receive 1d2 rolls per answer for 3 days.||Tile
|4 TP||Dispel||Remove any harmful status effect on caster.||Self
|7 TP||Wall||Nullify one spell cast on you. Lasts 2 days or until hit with spell.||Self
|15 TP||Reflect||Reflect spell cast on you towards the caster. Lasts 2 days or until hit with spell.||Self
|4 TP||Inferno||Push target back 2 spaces.||One
|7 TP||Flame Burst||Push target back 4 spaces.||One
|15 TP||Fire Storm||Push two targets back 5 spaces each.||Two
|4 TP||Float||Target does not receive TP when passing over tiles the next time they roll.||One
|7 TP||Toxic||All players who land on target tile lose 1 TP per day for 3 days.||Tile
|15 TP||Force||Forces target player to randomly cast a Lv 1 or Lv 2 spell at a random player.||One
List of Harmful Status Effects:
- Frozen: Target cannot move for 1 day.
- Burn: Target suffers from 1d2 rolls rather than 1d3, for 3 days.
- Toxic: Target loses 1 TP per day for 3 days.
- Float: Target does not receive TP when passing over tiles the next time they roll.
List of Beneficial Status Effects:
- Reflect: Target reflects the next spell back at the caster. Lasts for 2 days.
- Resist: Target resists the next spell cast on them. Lasts for 2 days.
|Ether||Restores 3 TP.||600 potch|
|Scanner||Show 1 player's items.||600 potch|
|Lunar Curtain||Take half damage for 3 days.||1000 potch|
|Steal Ring||Steal 1 random item from a player.||1000 potch|
|Power Drink||2x damage for one day (attack spells only). Take one day to recuperate.||1200 potch|
|Gold Hairpin||1/2 TP cost for one spell, one day.||1500 potch|
|Randomizer||Cast a random spell, no TP cost.||1500 potch|
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO PLAYED. ROUND 2 WILL ARRIVE SOON!
Look for new prizes, including games, E3 swag, and your standard slew of hosting options...as well as some interesting other items....^^
I know you're there, I can hear you breathing. Or packing for school. It's coming towards the end of the summer, folks! While many of you may be heading off somewhere, we'll still be here when you get there!
And Bainick shows up tomorrow to grace us with his presence. If you've wanted some RPG answers from Down Under, now's your chance!
***Josh mews loudly.
Aug. 19: Josh
Aug. 18: Roku
Aug. 17: Roku
Aug. 16: Roku
About the Host
Josh's Top 3 Distractions:
RPGs I'm currently playing:
1. Grandia III
2. Romancing SaGa
3. Radiata Stories
4. Wild Arms: ACF
Flik TP: 0
Hero 2 TP: 0
Mazus TP: 0
Pesmerga TP: 0
Antonio TP: 0
Sid TP: 0
7. Arros Raikou
Kage TP: 0
Gijimu TP: 0
Clive TP: 0
Gadget TP: 0
Millie TP: 0
Mondo TP: 0